Garlic lemon pepper chilli prawns
- 250 gm cleaned and deveined prawns
- 1 cube butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 3 birds eye chili chopped
- 2 leaves of Chinese cabbage/regular cabbage chopped (optional)
- A fistful of chopped coriander
- A few pinches of sea salt
- Some crushed black pepper
- Juice of one lemon
Heat a pan. Add the butter and quickly tip in the garlic, chili and onions. Cook for a bit and then add the prawns along with everything else. This cooks in minutes. Keep tossing on high heat. To finish add the lime juice with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Serve with boiled noodles/rice or some garlic bread. Yummm!
Side Note: This is the first prawn recipe that my 11 year old has mastered and can cook with almost no assistance. Teach your children how to cook simple food from an early age. It’s a life skill.